Sunday 2 March 2014

Hello March


One of the many amazing things about living in Marchmont is having any produce you need readily available at your doorstep. Eddie's Seafood Market quite likely sells the best fresh fish in town, and according to my flatmate Kima, salmon bought there is even better than Norwegian salmon. I've never had Norwegian salmon but I do trust her judgement. Also, if you're roasting salmon in the oven, add some vegetables, and throw in some almonds halfway through too - they are going to taste heavenly.


I've never really had sweet potatoes until a year ago, but since then, baked sweet potato fries have become a bit of a kitchen staple. I always add smoked paprika, some Italian herbs and sage, but they taste good with pretty much anything. Have with greek yogurt, feta cheese, and olives for additional perfection.


I'm hopelessly in love when it comes to anything arts and crafts so I could not resist when I incidentally walked into Paper Tiger on Lothian Road and spotted these pretty stamp sets. I've wanted alphabet stamps for a while now so I don't regret taking them home very much. I might have to go back soon too, seeing as one of the two ink pads is actually blue when I meant to purchase a black one. Oops. You will be all relieved to hear that until then, the blue pad will do just fine though.

No comments:

Post a Comment