Sunday 2 February 2014

Instagram your Fun, January


I know Instagram posts are not particularly exciting, but I keep forgetting to take my camera with me and it's nice to have at least a few pictures to illustrate your words with, filtered or not. 


I'm doing a course on Youth Culture, Media and Society this semester and it is actually as fun as it sounds. Since my other courses are on Statistics respectively autonomy, liberty and political theory, it's nice to read about something which is both interesting but also very entertaining (not that the concept of freedom isn't entertaining, but on a somewhat different level). 


I've started watching House of Cards and I absolutely love it. I don't even mind that it isn't particularly romantic. I also need to start doing more creative writing. Creative writing is the only kind of writing that I know I will always do in German, no matter where I'll end up living. I don't quite know how to describe it but I feel like different languages give you access to different parts of yourself - I can do pretty much anything in English now, but I don't know if I can or want to tell stories in English, and at the same time I feel like I am losing little bits of German with every day that I don't live my life in German. I'm a very confused girl, linguistically. Apart from that, I'm fine though. 


My mum sent me a few things and also my all-time favourite German food. I wish I could say that I'm being responsible about this and saving it all, but I'm not. You beautiful little Schupfnudeln. They're fairly similar to Gnocchi though, so I think I'm safe in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment